Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Point of Blogging

I probably won't get too many hits on this website, and that doesn't bother me. But I don't think that ignoring any problem will make it go away, and I definetly don't think that "ignorance is bliss", so I choose not to ignore it. The point of this blog is to help me map out my own beliefs, and hopefully get some feedback from other people. My parents call me a "deep thinker". I hate that because I really truly believe that every single person in the world should be asking tough questions that don't have easy answers. (Were all deep thinkers and I guess I just have a hard time keeping my thoughts in my head) Everyone should know their own nation's history, everyone should know its policies. Everyone needs to know this in order for our government to work as a real democracy. If you pay any attention to the news, you already know that things are pretty screwed up.... terrorism, disease, starvation, war, corruption, fundamentalism, genocide, just to name a few. I for one feel restless just sitting back and doing nothing about it. The only way that these things can be fixed is if they're first discussed in detail. No one I know that's my age is very interested in trying to make a difference; mainly because they see our world as static and non-changing. They see history as a broken record, constantly repeating itself. "No matter what I do, or however much I talk about it, I'm never going to change the world or make any difference". (this idea is the one and only thing that undermines politics; nobody gives a damn) Or, maybe they don't want to turn into a 'spaz' like me. You can make a difference though, and it's easy. I know, I know, there's more than 6 billion people on the planet and millions of websites on the internet. How much voice can one college kid have? My answer: who cares? Probably not too much. But this is for me just as much as its for whoever's reading this right now... and thanks for caring by the way.

P.S. It's my 21st b-day today so send some money; and I'm wishing for a bottle of Cap'n Morgans and a case of Premiums... I'm lookin at you fatty, stinky and baldy :P

P.S.S. Point of Blogging, short answer: Echo Effect

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home